Best Rowing Machines 2017: Regular exercise and a balanced diet are very important to live a healthy lifestyle. But no matter how balanced your diet is, if you aren’t exercising on a regular basis you won’t be in your best shape. When it comes to exercise machines, rowing machines are without any doubt the most popular. There are different types of rowing machines available in the market and when compared to other exercising machines, they are quite affordable.
However, for starters, it can be quite confusing to select a rowing machine. There are many different factors which must be kept in mind before buying a rowing machine. There are a large number of rowing machines available in the market which come in different shapes and sizes and that is why it is hard to select one of them. Different machines also offer different functions and are for different purposes. So, blindly buying any rowing machine is a very bad idea.
To help everyone out, we are going to discuss various things to consider before buying a rowing machine. Also, we will have a look at our picks for the best rowing machines 2017.
Why should I buy a Rowing Machine?
Rowing is considered as one of the best exercises when it comes to aerobics. Rowing provides a full body workout and unlike other exercises, it not only focuses on upper body but also on the lower body. Rowing Machines emulate the experience of Rowing. If you want a full body workout on just one machine and don’t want to keep switching machines for working out different body parts then buying a Rowing Machine will be a great idea. Here are some more advantages of buying a Rowing Machine:
- Workout at home: One of the best things about buying a rowing machine is that you will be able to work out a home. You won’t have to go to a gym when you can get a full body workout at home. When compared to other exercise machines, Rowing machines manage to provide more efficient workout sessions at home.
- Low Impact: The impact of a Rowing Machine on your muscles is quite low in comparison to other exercise machines. Working out on a Rowing Machine won’t strain your muscles even if you have long and intense workout sessions.
- Burn Calories and Enhance Metabolism: Regular use of a Rowing Machine for full body workouts will help you lose weight and burn calories. It will also strengthen your muscles and help you enhance the rate of Metabolism. Your body will be able to utilize carbs more and the circulation of heart will drastically improve.
These are the major advantages of getting a Rowing Machine. Many of you may have made your mind about getting a rowing machine by now. But before you do that, have a look at some very important factors consider before buying a rowing machine.
Factors to consider before buying a Rowing Machine For Beginners:
When it comes to buying a Rowing Machine, there are many different factors you must keep in mind if you want to spend your money on the right product. Here are some of the most important factors you should keep in mind before buying a Rowing Machine:
Design: One of the most important things to consider before buying a Rowing Machine is the design of the machine. A Rowing Machine should manage to provide a comfortable and solid experience at home. A machine must be designed in a way to offer complete body workout. The sliding seat of a rowing machine should be smooth for ease of movement. A rowing machine should be durable and its quality must remain good even after regular use for few years. All of these things you must keep in mind when it comes to the design of a machine. Do note that different machines offer different designs but things you should consider before buying a machine remain the same such as durability and ease of movement.
Price: Different rowing machines offer quite different options and come in different designs. Many high-end rowing machines are very comfortable and some low-end machines aren’t that comfortable. You should choose a machine which is in the middle ground and in your budget. Mid end and budget rowing machines are the best sellers and you should avoid extremely high-end rowing machines as you can get achieve great workout results with budget rowing machines as well. Also, you should avoid getting low-end rowing machines because they aren’t very durable and may not last much.
Size: As we stated before, different rowing machines come in different sizes. Hydraulic machines are the smallest and it is ideal for a household. If you want a machine that is a bigger in size then you can look into some higher range rowing machines. Also, those of you who live in tiny apartments or small flats, getting a foldable or portable rowing machine can be a good idea.
Warranty: Once you have selected a Rowing Machine, one thing you mustn’t forget is getting a warranty on the product. You may see many Rowing Machines with low price tags but no warranty and that is because these kinds of products don’t last long. If you want a Rowing Machine that will last you a good number of years then select a product which comes with at least 1 year of warranty period. Many manufacturers with quality rowing machines offer up to 2-3 years of warranty period.
These were the most important factors you should keep in mind before buying a Rowing Machine. Let us dive further into the post and discuss different types of Rowing Machines.
Types of Rowing Machines Technique:
As many of you may be knowing, the concept of Rowing Machines comes from the technique of rowing on water. This technique is extremely useful for a strong and complete body workout. Now according to requirements of different people, different types of rowing machines have been introduced. Here are the main types of Rowing Machines:
- Air Rowing Machines: Air Rowing Machines are powered by the resistance created by moving a fan against air. Air flows over a flywheel and it creates water resistance. Many rowing machines let you alter the total resistance by adjusting the damper. When compared to hydraulic rowing machines, Air Rowing Machines provide a more natural and smoother rowing experience.
- Water Rowing Machines: Water Rowing Machines also let you determine the resistance level by rowing intensity. If you participate a lot in outdoor rowing then you should choose water rowing machines over any other types of rowing machines. These types of rowing machines are designed to emulate actual water rowing experience. But mind you that water rowing machines are also very expensive. If you have a good budget and want a real rowing experience then you can go for a water rowing machine.
- Magnetic Rowing Machines: Magnetic Rowing Machines work very quietly and if you prefer noiseless experience or don’t want to disturb people around you then getting a Magnetic Rowing Machine will be a good idea. These types of machines use a magnetic brake system to create resistance and thus they are termed as Magnetic Rowing Machines. The Rowing motion of magnetic rowing machines is quite similar to that of air rowing machines but less smooth in general. The size of a Magnetic Rowing Machine is quite big as it has a longer seat rail.
- Hydraulic Piston Resistance Rowing Machines: As the name suggests, Hydraulic Piston Rowing Machines get resistance from Hydraulic Pistons. These types of machines are very affordable and make very less to no noise when in use. It is also suitable for tiny apartments as the size of a Hydraulic Piston Rowing Machine is quite small when compared to other kinds of rowing machines. If you are looking for a rowing machine which is small in size and works quietly then a Hydraulic Piston Rowing Machine would be the right pick.
These were the 4 major types of Rowing Machines. No type of Rowing Machine is superior to other types or rowing machines and it all comes down to user preference and personal requirements. Anyway, let us move on and have a look at some of the best rowing machines available.
Best Rowing Machines 2017 To Buy:
In this post, we discussed factors to consider a Rowing Machine, why to buy a Rowing Machine and so on. It is now time to have a look at our top picks for Rowing Machines. Here are the best Rowing Machines to buy:
1. Stamina Air Rower
Stamina Air Rower is a budget rowing machine which offers incredible performance and features for its price. This rowing machine is very affordable and is suitable for both amateur and expert rowers. Stamina Air Rower machine comes with seat rail and upholstered seats. The machine is not that heavy and weights around 250 lbs. The maximum users wait that the Stamina Air Rower machine can carry is 250 pound. If you want a machine that is comfortable and affordable then Stamina Air Rower is the right pick for you.
2. Kettler 7978-900 Favorit Rowing Machine
This machine by Kettler is one of the best selling rowing machines. It is very affordable and designed for both amateurs and professionals. This Kettler Rowing Machine is packed with two hydraulic cylinders and an anti-slip base. You can adjust the resistance level on this machine and the maximum weight the machine supports is 250 pounds. If you want to have intense workout sessions and want to push your body to work hard then the Kettler 7978-900 Favorit Rowing Machine is for you.
3. Stamina Avari Magnetic Power
The Stamina Avari Magnetic Power is another amazing Rowing Machine and it provides a great full body workout experience. The machine is designed in a way to help you increase your stamina and have true full body workout sessions. The build quality and frame of the machine are surprisingly great in comparison to other rowing machines in this price category. The Stamina Avari Magnetic Power supports up to 275 lbs of weight at once and can be used by a person as tall as 6 feet and 4 inches.
4. Velocity Fitness Magnetic Rower CHR-2001
This rowing machine by Velocity comes with a magnetic resistance system and drum magnetic control. It is one of the few great rowing machines which are foldable and can be stored elsewhere when not in use. If you live in a small house or a tiny apartment then getting this rowing machine won’t be a bad idea. This machine also comes with an LCD Display which keeps track of your activity and shows you details about your performance. It is easy to assemble and use and manages to provide a great full body experience at home.
5. WaterRower Natural Water Rowing Machine
WaterRower Natural Water Rowing Machine is one of the best selling water rowing machines. The machine is made of natural wood and it is designed in a way to emulate the feeling of a real water rowing experience. The impact of the machine is low and the machine will cause no strain to your muscles giving you a true full body workout experience. This rowing machine is very lightweight and supports up to 700 lbs of weight at a time.
So, these were our picks for the best rowing machines 2017. We came up with this list to avoid confusion for people who don’t have much idea about rowing machines and having a hard time selecting a rowing machine. All the machines on this list are great and once again it all comes down to user preferences and personal requirements. Different rowing machines serve different purposes and just because a machine doesn’t suit your needs you can’t say that it is a bad rowing machine.
So, choose a machine that fits your needs and one that lasts long. Once you have bought a rowing machine don’t just leave it to rest. If you want to be fit and have a great body then stick to a regular workout routine with your rowing machine. Regular exercise with a rowing machine and a balanced diet will definitely bring great results for your body.